Thank you for your interest in joining SafePlace’s Board of Directors! We could not do this important work without our volunteer Board members.
SafePlace is so grateful for our active and engaged members of our board and community. We currently do not have any openings for board members, but please check back often! Your willingness to share your skills and talents in support of survivors of sexual and domestic violence is very much needed and appreciated.
As leaders of our organization, your commitment is critical to the overall success of our mission and vision. Each prospective Board member is asked to complete an application form, which describes a variety of opportunities to Board members, including:
- Completing a mandatory 16 hours of training around domestic and sexual violence in order to better understand SafePlace and the people we serve;
- Making a personally significant and meaningful financial contribution to SafePlace;
- Encouraging friends and colleagues to attend our annual Speak Up, Speak Out Gala. Providing support in procuring auction items and/or sponsorships;
- Assisting with planning and coordinating fundraising events and contributing to developing funding avenues for SafePlace;
- Working to raise awareness and understanding throughout the community regarding these issues and the role SafePlace plays.