“My two children and I came here fleeing with absolutely nothing but what I could pack in my car. I was scared and alone. Coming to SafePlace was the last leg in my two year long journey in becoming independent from my abuser. While here, I received so much love and support from the advocates who were ready to talk to me anytime I needed them.” -SafePlace client
In 2017 we:
- Served 1,417 survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Answered 7,856 calls to our 24-hour Helpline.
- Provided 13,584 hours of advocacy.
- Provided safe confidential shelter and housing services to 274 individuals.
- Provided 8,462 shelter bednights and 25,386 meals.
- Supported 2,104 adults in community support groups.
- Taught 4,455 local youth about healthy relationships skills and breaking the cycle of violence.
- Responded to 316 sexual assaults, of which 58 were children or youth.