“My two children and I came here fleeing with absolutely nothing but what I could pack in my car. I was scared and alone. Coming to SafePlace was the last leg in my two year long journey in becoming independent from my abuser. While here, I received so much love and support from the advocates who were ready to talk to me anytime I needed them.” -SafePlace client
In 2016 we:
- Served 1,175 survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Answered 7,003 calls to our 24-hour Helpline.
- Provided 14,077 hours of advocacy.
- Provided safe confidential shelter and housing services to 251 individuals.
- Provided 6,935 shelter bednights and 20,805 meals.
- 288 adults participated in community support groups.
- 2,715 youth were taught about healthy relationships skills and breaking the cycle of violence.
- 104 adult sexual assault response program visits to Providence St. Peter Hospital and 20 child sexual assault visits to the Sexual Assault Clinic.