“My two children and I came here fleeing with absolutely nothing but what I could pack in my car. I was scared and alone. Coming to SafePlace was the last leg in my two year long journey in becoming independent from my abuser. While here, I received so much love and support from the advocates who were ready to talk to me anytime I needed them.” -SafePlace client
In 2018 we:
- Answered 5,603 calls to our 24-hour Helpline.
- Provided 11,372 hours of advocacy.
- Trained 50 participants in Advocacy Core Training.
- Provided 8,462 shelter bednights.
- Taught 3,809 local youth about healthy relationships skills and breaking the cycle of violence.