If you have more resources to add to these lists, let us know!
General Information (In Washington):
- Washington State Coalition against Domestic Violence: Links, resources- no survivor services
- Washington State Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs: Links, resources- no survivor services
- National Domestic Violence Hotline Website: Resources, phone numbers and education resources about domestic violence.
- Faith Trust Institute (faith communities to end domestic violence and sexual assault):
- Washington State Native American Coalition Against Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
General Information (National):
- National Network to End Domestic Violence: Online reading, articles, links, statistics.
- Love is Respect: Online tools for teens, healthy relationships
- Public Health Sexual Assault Resources
- Verizon Hopeline
Support Services, Organizations (Washington)
- The Crisis Clinic: 24-hour telephone crisis intervention and information referral services to anyone in crisis.
- Northwest Network for Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse: Online reading, tools, and advocacy services, Seattle area.
- Ingersoll Gender Center: Therapists with extensive experience in the field of gender identity counseling and related fields, Seattle area.
- CARA Communities Against Rape and Abuse: Promotes a broad agenda for liberation and social justice while prioritizing anti-rape work as the center of our organizing.
- 1 in 6: info, options, hope
- National Organization on Male Survivor Victimization: Reading lists, information, and resources.
Online Services: Forums, Chat Rooms
- ASCA Adult Survivors of Child Abuse:For adult survivors of physical, sexual, and/or emotional child abuse or neglect. With resources and online support groups.
- Rape and Incest National Network: Information, statistics, phone and online support.
Bisexual, Queer, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivor Resources
- Forge: for Trans Survivors of Violence. Online resources and writing workshops for survivors (WI)
- The Network/La Red – Ending Partner Abuse in Lesbian, Bisexual Women’s and Transgender Communities: (Boston, MA)
- Gay Men’s Domestic Violence Project: Toll free hotline (Cambridge, MA)
- Partners in Prevention Education (PIPE)
- Stonewall Youth
For People of Color
- INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence: blogs, articles, resources.
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Institute on Domestic Violence: Promotes policy, program, and research efforts for the improvement of health status of all Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- The Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community:
- Arte Sana: Victim Advocacy Sin Fronteras, bilingual website in English and Spanish
- Casa de Esperanza, bilingual website in English and Spanish
For Survivors with Differing Abilities
- Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services (Seattle, WA)
Women in Rural Areas
- Rural Woman Zone: Information for Rural Women Survivors of violence.
- Pet-Abuse.com: Case-database, links, FAQs, adoption, workshops.
Intimate Partner Violence
- Naming the Violence: Speaking Out About Lesbian Battering by Kerry Lobel (Seal Press, 1986)
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence — From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror by Judith Hehrman (Basic Books, 1997)
- Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft (Tantor Media, 2011)
Prevention and Safety Skills
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence by Gavin de Becker (Dell, 1999)
- What You Really Really Want: The Smart Girl’s Shame-free Guide to Sex and Safety by Jaclyn Friedman (Seal Press, 2011)
Roots of Violence and Cultural Analysis
- All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks (William Morrow Paperbacks, 2001)
- The Color of Violence: INCITE! Anthology, Women of Color Against Violence Against Women (South End Press, 2006)
- Conquest: Sexual Violence and American Indian Genocide by Andrea Smith (South End Press, 2005)
- For Your Own Good: Hidden Cruelty in Child-Rearing and the Roots of Violence by Alice Miller
- The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help by Jackson Katz (Sourcebooks, 2006)
- Men’s Work: How to Stop the Violence That Tears Our Lives Apart by Paul Kivel (Hazeldon, 1998)
- The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities edited by Ching-In Chen, Jai Dulani, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha (South End Press, 2011)
- Transforming a Rape Culture edited by Emilie Buchwald, Pamela R. Fletcher, Martha Roth (Milkweed Editions, 2005)
- The Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love by bell hooks (Washington Square Press, 2004)
- Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power and a World Without Rape by Jaclyn Friedman, Jessica Valenti (Seal Press, 2008)
Sexual Assault/Abuse Survivors, Healing and Recovery
- Beginning to Heal: A First Book for Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis (HarperCollins, 1993)
- Breaking Ritual Silence: An Anthology of Ritual Abuse Survivors Stories edited by Jeanne Marie Lorena and Paula Levy (Trout and Sons, Inc., 1998)
- Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis (Harper and Row, 1988, 1994)
- The Courage to Heal Workbook by Laura Davis (HarperCollins, 1990)
- Crossing the Boundary: Black Women Survive Incest, by Melba Wilson (Seal Press, 1993)
- Families in Recovery: Healing the Damage of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Beverly Engel, Beverly Engel, LMFT (NTC/Contemporary Publishing Co., 2000)
- Healing Your Sexual Self by Janet G. Woititz (Health Communications, Inc., 1989)
- Incest and Sexuality: A Guide to Understanding and Healing by Wendy Maltz and Beverly Holman (Lexington Books, 1987)
- I Never Called It Rape: The Ms. Report on Recognizing, Fighting and Surviving Date and Acquaintance Rape by Robin Warshaw
- Repressed Memories: A Journey to Recovery from Sexual Abuse by Renee Fredrickson (Simon and Schuster, 1992)
- Safe Passage to Healing by Chrystine Oksana (Harper Perennial, 1994)
- The Secret: Art & Healing from Sexual Abuse by Francie Lyshak-Stelzer (Safer Society Press, 1999)
- Soul Survivors: A New Beginning for Adults Abused as Children by Patrick J. Gannon (Prentice Hall, 1989)
- Strong at the Broken Places: Overcoming the Trauma of Childhood Abuse by Linda Sanford (Random House, 1990)
- The Survivor’s Guide to Sex: How to Have an Empowered Sex Life after Child Sexual Abuse by Staci Haines (Cleis Press, 1999)
- Survivors Recovering from Sexual Abuse, Addictions, and Compulsive Behaviors: ‘Numb’ Survivors by Sandy Knauer (Haworth Press, 2001)
- When You’re Ready: A Woman’s Guide to Healing from Childhood Physical and Sexual Abuse by Her Mother by Kathy Evert and Inie Bijerk (Launch Press, 1988)
- Women’s Sexuality After Childhood Incest by Elaine Westerlund (W.W. Norton, 1992)
Support for Support People
- Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others by Laura van Dernoot Lipsky with Connie Burke (Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc., 2009)